Smudged Prntz Booking Policies
Smudged Prntz Booking, Payment, and Cancellation Policies
For wedding & event packages, a 50% event retainer is due immediately to book and hold the date of your event and also serves as a cancellation fee. Thereafter, half of the remaining balance is due three (3) months before the date of the wedding/event and the final balance is due (1) month before the date of the wedding/event.
For weddings and events, if for any reason the Client cancels before the event date, the Photographer will keep the event retainer fee paid to hold the date as a cancellation fee. Cancellation must be made in writing, signed by the contracted parties, and sent via Certified Mail by the USPS. However, if the client requires to change the event date, we will do our best to accommodate and no cancellation fee will be charged as long as the new date is available and within five months of the original event date. Otherwise the new date will be subject to current rates if applicable. If we are not available for the new date, the original contract will be cancelled and subject to the cancellation policy.
If Smudged Prntz Photography cannot perform the contracted services due to fire or other casualty, strike, act of God, or other causes beyond the control of the parties, or due to Photographer’s illness or emergency, then the Photographer shall return the retainer fee to the Client but shall have no further liability with respect to the services booked. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or other media malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer. In the event Smudged Prntz Photography fails to perform for any other reason, Smudged Prntz shall not be liable for any amount in excess of all monies paid.
By booking Smudged Prntz Photography directly or through a third-party promotion (i.e. Living Social, Groupon, Amazon, Wedding Planners, Vendors, etc.), Client agrees to all copyright terms, agreements and conditions below and understands all terms, agreements and copyright that automatically comes with an Artists’ rights:
COPYRIGHT & USE:
- NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT: It is ILLEGAL to copy or reproduce these photographs or videos elsewhere without Smudged Prntz Photography’s permission and violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties.
- Upon completion of the editing process, there will be an online gallery available for online viewing, proofing and purchase of professional prints & products for a minimum of 3 weeks (if applicable).
- Clients will have the limited right to make and use the copies of the digital images purchased, for their own use in e-mail and on personal web pages with watermarked images. Clients cannot crop, modify, or edit the images without permission from Smudged Prntz Photography. RAW or unedited images are never released to the Client since the Client does not have the copyright to the images. They may share online galleries and watermarked images on social media sites only with a link to Smudged Prntz Photography’s website or social media pages (www.smudgedprntz.com, Facebook, Twitter) to give proper credit to Smudged Prntz Photography.
- Clients will not make copies for sale or for the purpose of circumventing the sale of images by Smudged Prntz Photography, nor will the Client authorize any reproductions of the images for commercial use or for photographic competition or display.
- When applicable, Smudged Prntz Photography will furnish the Client with a written or electronic release, which will allow the Client to make prints and other reproductions for personal, non-commercial use and distribution. Smudged Prntz Photography retains copyright in all images created and will have the right to make reproduction for portfolio samples, self-promotion, and professional competition.
- Smudged Prntz Photography reserves the right to use digital images and/or reproductions for advertising, display, publication or other purposes. Digital images and previews remain the exclusive property of Smudged Prntz Photography.